Thursday 20 May 2010

The Hippety-Hoppity Brigade

Thursday 20 May 2010
Old Skool Hip-Hop

My constant references to and overt admiration of the Folk genre could possibly lead to the assumption that I listen to nothing but, the folk. Not true. It's just, the folk calls to me now. Folk aside, there is a genre that I make almost no reference to whatsoever, hip-hop. I'm a fan of hip-hop, I'm not that well versed in hip-hop, but then again I'm not particularly well versed in any genre of music, I just know what I like. So, for a change, I thought I'd aggregate some of my favourite hip-hop songs. Spotify here.

Calling the Hippety Hoppety Brigade

You Got Me - The Roots (Featuring Erykah Badu and Eve)

Electric Relaxation - A Tribe Called Quest
I Love College - Asher Roth
Before I Let You Go - Blackstreet
Tha Crossroads - Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
The People - Common
Encore - Jay-Z
Two Words - Kanye West (Featuring Mos Def, Freeway and The Harlem Boys Choir)
Lost Ones - Lauryn Hill
Everyone Nose - N.E.R.D
Bring the Noise - Public Enemy
It Takes Two - Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock
My Adidas - Run-DMC
Push It - Salt-N-Pepa
Fight the Power (Pts. 1 & 2) - The Isely Brothers
The Light - Common
Rapper's Delight - The Sugarhill Gang
Creep - TLC
Keep Ya Head Up - Tupac Shakur

For a more comprehensive exploration of hip-hop and a wide selection of music to sample, potter over to A Purple Vagabond.
*100 imaginary pounds goes to whoever knows what this is a reference to

0 comments:

 
Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates