Thursday 20 May 2010

I'll Cover You

Thursday 20 May 2010

Emmy the Great Performing "Fight for this Love" by Cheryl Cole at Union Chapel

There are few things I enjoy more then that. I was kicking myself for not going to Union Chapel to see that splendiferous performance, and I'm sure, many more.

My revisiting of that video made me think of the wonderful world of covers, good and bad. The above, I believe, fitting into the former category. So, once again, I have created a playlist of what I believe to be jolly good covers, ingeniously titles, jolly good covers (Much effort was put into not filling this with Cat Power songs). Spotify here, YouTube here, audio below.

Jolly Good Covers aka, I'll Cover You

A Message to You Rudy - The Specials
Monkey Man - Amy Winehouse
I'm Waiting For the Man - Belle & Sebastian
Not Fade Away - The Rolling Stones
I Found a Reason - Cat Power
Just Like a Woman - Charlotte Gainsbourg and Calexico
I Can't Explain - David Bowie
River - Dianne Reeves
Redemption Song - Anjelique Kidjo
Barbara Allen - Frank Turner
Brain Damage - Jeffrey Lewis and Laura Marling
Mr Bojangles - Nina Simone
Redemption Song - Joe Strummer and Johnny Cash
Somebody's Baby - Phantom Planet
Smile - Robert Downey Jr.
Killing Me Softly - The Fugees
Ring Them Bells - Sufjan Stevens
Louie, Louie - Toots & the Maytals

0 comments:

 
Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates