Sunday 15 June 2008

Coming out of Shawshank

Sunday 15 June 2008
I now know how Andy felt at the end of The Shawshank Redemption. I have left the prison that is full time education (well, for 3 months) and I got through the crap filled tunnel that is A-Levels. Yes I tells ya, I’m free. Okay, so maybe it’s not exactly the same as Shawshank, but I don’t think I could feel any better than I do right now.

See, I’m that happy, actually, that looks a bit scary. Anyhoo, I don’t know what to do with myself, my plan was to start looking for a job on Monday, but, my mother had other things in mind. You see, me being off from school means that there someone to make the house extra clean. That’s freedom for you. I’m sure when Andy got out he didn’t get to everything he wanted, come on, he was building a boat, now that’s hard work.

My last exam was on Thursday, Sociology. It was possibly the worst exam experience of this exam season, just when I thought it was going well. I’ve spent the last few days procrastination, actually, it’s probably not procrastinating when really have nothing to do. Let me rephrase that, I’ve spent the last few days enjoying my freedom. I’ve watched High Fidelity, Kiss Kiss bang Bang and Venus. I also watched Arrested Development and Oz, the prison show, not the musical. It turned out to be pretty good but some parts were just horrifying.

I’m meant to be going to see The Incredible Hulk today. If you, like me, can’t stand listening to the sounds of children laughing, gasping or making any other unnecessary noise during films, I strongly recommend seeing films on Sundays or before 12 on weekdays. I went to check the rating online (I say went like I got out of my seat) and, in turn, accidentally saw the Rotten Tomatoes fresh rating. It’s 64% fresh, that isn’t good. Despite this, I bet it’ll spend at least one day on imdb’s top 250. Empire gave it 3 stars, the same as Iron Man, let’s see whether it’s better or worse than it’s predecessor (by predecessor I mean the previous Marvel funded film, Iron Man). We’ll just have to wait and see.

0 comments:

 
Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates