Saturday 19 January 2008

Films I Await: Things we lost in the Fire

Saturday 19 January 2008
This is meant to be a general blog but I seem to find myself going back to films. They rule my life...with school.

Things we Lost in the Fire is Susan Bier's American debut. She impressed critics with her Dutch hits Open Hearts, Brothers and After the Wedding. Things We Lost in the Fire stars Halle Berry, Benicio Del Toro and David Duchovny in a story about loss, reflection, addiction and hope. It was released in the US in October and since then it has received positive reviews. Unfortunately, it will not be released in the UK until February 1st.

Unlike other films I have awaited such as No Country for Old Men, my desire to watch Things we Lost in the Fire is not the result of the words and opinions of others. The trailer depicts a story that fails to succumb to the many cliches a story of it's nature could yield to. The film stars Halle berry who, over the years, has proved herself to be a more than capable actress. Benicio Del Toro is an actor who I have not seen a large number of performances from but who highly impressed me in 21 Grams. His performance couldsimply be described as believable. Such a partnership of great actor justifies the anticipation of Things we Lost in the Fire.


0 comments:

 
Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates