Tuesday 1 April 2008

The Dare

Tuesday 1 April 2008
I understand that many of the things I do aren’t really logical, for example, I’ve taken to burning my junk mail. I can’t explain why. Anyhoo, many people don’t seem to realise that some the things I do are fun for me even if other people don’t find then fun. I’ll start at the beginning.

I’m listening to Movies You Should See, you know, as you do, and the hosts were telling a story about when their car had broken down and had to call the AA. While the AA guy was fixing the car, they tried to take a picture of him without him realising. They then proceeded to dare the listeners to try to take a picture of their bus driver or equivalent on their next commute. As I was on my home from college yesterday, my bus and another were next each other. My bus driver recognised the other driver, stepped out of his bus driver section, opened the front door and had a conversation with him. It’s not just me, that’s strange isn’t it? Not just strange, it’s very dangerous. Upon seeing this, I remembered the dare. I tried to take a picture of the driver with my phone but missed.

From this point on, I knew my objective for the rest of the day. Whilst I was still on the same bus, someone sat opposite me. One word: Opportunity. I expanded the dare to include passengers. I got a great picture of him.



I take two buses home to I took another attempt at getting a picture of a bus driver. Problem; I live in London and I have an Oyster card. It takes me less than a second to touch my Oyster card against the reader so there’s not much time to get a picture of the driver. The result:

 

As my picture didn’t turn out so well, I extended my journey home. I took four extra buses home and I got these !

 

 

I also got a bobby on the beat.

 

Now, if you happen to be in one of these pictures, even though that’s quite unlikely, I shall remove it if you wish.

Hold on! I was telling a story! Back to why I was talking about the things I find fun. I found this picture taking experience very fun. As I was changing buses the first time, sent a message proposing the dare to most of the people in my address book. Many people where wondering why they should do such a thing and why I would even ask. Firstly: It‘s a dare. Secondly: It’s fun! No more reasoning is necessary. Not everything needs to be logical or make sense. A lot of fun can come from illogical actions (even if Spock wouldn't agree).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG YOU ACTUALLY DONE IT!

S said...

Indeed

 
Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates