Thursday 1 May 2008

Ken and Boris and Brian and...Charlie?

Thursday 1 May 2008
‘tis a very important day in London. The final segment, the important part of the Mayoral Election takes place today, well, until 10pm this evening. Today, I voted for the first time. Sure it’s not a general election, but it’s pretty damn important. I’ve decided not to disclose who I voted for to anyone, not even my dear readers, sorry, I’m just not willing to go into a long conversation defending myself and my opinions. You can at least know that I didn’t vote for the BNP. I’m sure that quite a few people think I voted for the Green Party (good old Sian), mainly because I’ve been saying vote Green for the last however many years. Oh yeah, I’ve turned 18 since I last wrote, hence the voting.

I went around one week without watching any films in full, it’s strange. There is barely any time to do anything these days. Right now I really should be working, but I just can’t bring myself to pick up a pen. I’ve been approaching most things with indifference, I’m not really the most fun person to be around right now. This is what A Levels do to people.



I watched the film Chaplin (1992) the other day. I’d taken to watching Charlie Chaplin films so I thought I’d learn a bit more about the man behind the tramp, not to mention, Robert Downey Jr is supercool. Anyhoo, despite not really bearing a physical resemblance to Chaplin (except maybe in relation to height) I never doubted that he was Chaplin. And, for an American, he pulled off a reasonably good British accent. My conclusion: not only is Robert Downey Jr supercool, he’s cooler than liquid nitrogen. So, I watched Chaplin, and it turned out to be a jolly good watch. Richard Attenborough is a pretty talented director.

Old Charlie was an interesting guy, and he made great films (based on what I have seen thus far). There’s scene from The Great Dictator (which cause a load of controversy at the time because people didn’t really see anything wrong with what the Nazis were doing), that almost anyone would enjoy. It’s hilarious, well , there are two scenes, have fun.



0 comments:

 
Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates