Saturday 23 February 2008

Play or Fold

Saturday 23 February 2008

Just sitting in my secondary office (the living room), watching the screen after winning a game solitaire, St Elmo's Fire plays in the background and pondering the meaning of life. Gotcha! Like I’d ponder such a thing, why waste time on a question that has no definitive answer. Everyone’s life has a different meaning and we have the choice to determine what that is. We blame life for dealing us a crappy set of cards when the chips are down, but when something great happens, we love to say how great our achievements were, we’re black jack kings, queens of poker, we weren’t just in the right place at the right time.

We nearly always continue to play. Hit me. Hit me. Hit me. Sure, the cards are chosen at random, but we have to choice to fold. And when we lose, then what?


Woah, that almost sounded wise

0 comments:

 
Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates